The John J. Leidy Foundation
For a printable version of these guidelines please choose from below.
• Preference is given to organizations serving the Baltimore Metropolitan area
• Applicants must have exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
Areas of Interest
• Social and Economic Welfare
• Arts & Culture
• Health and Human Services
• Disabled persons
Grant/Funding Type Provided
• Operating Support
• New and/or Ongoing Programs
Grant/Funding Type NOT Funded
• Galas, special events or advertising space in programs
Size and duration of grant
• The average grant is between $1,000 and $10,000. In 2014, the Foundation made 82 grants totaling $461,600.
• Grantees should not assume that approval of a grant implies commitment to ongoing future support.
• Funded organizations may reapply one year after the date of the grant award. The same application procedures apply.
• Organizations denied funding may reapply one year after the date of the denial.